Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My review of The Christmas Cowboy by Shanna Hatfield

The Christmas Cowboy (Rodeo Romance, #1)The Christmas Cowboy by Shanna Hatfield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I won a signed paperback of this book a while back and finally got time to read it. I really enjoyed this book. It is the first one by Shanna that I have read and I look forward to reading more books by her in the future. This book has some old fashion values in it. They don't have sex through the entire book and don't do anything more than kiss and hold hands. They do sleep together one night but nothing happens except for sleep and Tate comforting Kenzie. The events in to book take place over quite some time. The time line is over a year long. They are slow to connect right away. They see each other in the airport several times. Tate finally talks first by asking if the seat next to her taken. Kenzie is cautious of cowboys. She has been burned twice in the past and isn't looking for get burned again. She allows her past experiences to completely dictate how this new one is going to go and doesn't really give Tate a fair deal. Tate isn't like the other who have hurt Kenzie in the past. He does a fair job of trying to prove that to her. Not just with words but with actions. But some people need to discover things themselves and can't be shown. I really like Tate. And while I like Kenzie to I feel like she wasn't quit ready when she meet Tate. She did let him know that she wasn't ready for anything with him but then when they did start to date she still wasn't really ready. She assumed a lot of things and instead of talking to Tate she ran. This book does have a HEA though. Overall I like that book and would recommend it to others. Good job Shanna.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment