Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Birthmarked Review

Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1)Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this book. It is set in the future where we are left with an earth that is barely habitable. Gaia Stone is a midwife just like her mother and is stuff starting to deliver babies all by herself instead of being an assistant to her mother. Gaia and her family live outside the wall. Those that live inside the wall have a better chance at life than those that live outside the wall or at least that is what they are made to believe. Those that live inside the wall have a better chance. Gaia’s life is soon to change and she will learn that everything she has ever been told is a lie. Nothing is as it seems. Nothing could have prepared her for what she is about to learn and go through. Who to trust and what to believe? This book took a bit to get into and understand how they lived. But, once I got into it, it was fantastic. There are lots of twists and turns. For me it was comparable to Hunger Games in some ways but still different enough that I didn’t feel like it was the same. No fighting for their life but still those in charge are not telling everything and more worried about the upper class than the group as a whole. I felt for Gaia so much. Her whole life changed in one night and things went downhill from there. The story was wonderfully written. The characters have depth to them and pull you in. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment