Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Grey Review

Grey (Fifty Shades, #4)Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved the Fifty Shades of Grey series. To after reading all three books it was more a romance with BDSM thrown in than a mainly BDSM with romance thrown in. That being said I think I like this book more than the Fifty Shades of Grey. Christian is a wonderful deep character who to me was quickly dismissed as this man who needs control and wants to hurt Anastasia for sexual purposes. I loved reading what he was thinking compared to what he really said to her. I found him funny and sarcastic and loved it. I felt sad for him and what he went through as a child. To me he needs control to protect himself not to just have control of someone. I still hate Mrs. Robinson. But reading from his perspective how he thinks that she saved him from going down some deep dark path was interesting. I have always thought that it was Anastasia that changed him versus him trying to change her. He liked that she didn’t just fall in line and that she questioned him. I would love to read of all the books from his perspective. I know this book upsets people and frankly if I hadn’t read it before it would just make me want to read it because that is the type of person I am. I can’t say enough about how much I liked this book. I loved reading the quips he thinks and things like that. How much he realized he needed her versus how much he was willing to share those feeling with her. I think she saved him more than Mrs. Robinson ever could. At the same time I am kinda mad at Anastasia for leaving after she asked him to show her how bad it could hurt. Although I understand why she did and how the rest of the story turns out I wish she would have told him she needed time versus just leaving the next morning. This book just had a different feel to it even though it was really just the first book from Christian’s perspective. He broke all his own rules for her; he was doing something he had never done before. He really was out of his comfort zone with Anastasia. I wanted and felt so much for her that he was willing to do things he had never done before just to be able to spend time with her. Again I hope to read the other books in the series from his perspective. Please write them E.L. Grey.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment