Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Chronicles of Moxie Review

The Chronicles of MoxieThe Chronicles of Moxie by Z.B. Heller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book so much. This book is funny, romantic, a bit crazy, and made me laugh so much. Moxie and her friends are fantastic and I wish they were real and I could hang out with them. Moxie is sarcastic, funny, real, and wonderful. I am very sarcastic myself and loved all the banter in the book. Poor Moxie has some of the worst luck and a horrible step mother doesn’t help matters much. Her step mother is always trying to set her up on dates. The men are never someone Moxie would pick for herself or even really be interested in. Her friends tell her she should stop going out with the guys her step mother suggests. Moxie is not the skinniest girl on the block but she is wonderful and a great person. She meets Miles Dane and throws up all over his shoes shortly after, only to learn that his son is her new student. Miles doesn’t seem to care about what happened the first time they meet and proceeds to flirt with her and act as if nothing happened. She is extremely attracted to him. They meet again at her gay best friend’s party where they begin to get acquainted and then he rushes off. Miles and Moxie don’t start off great start and Moxie is frustrated by him. He is everything she wants in a man and she thinks his son is great. But, she manages to let others get in the way. A fellow teacher at her school makes some remakes and her step mother is at it again. Moxie lets her insecurities get stimulated by others and lets it get in the way of what is happening with Miles. Will Moxie be able to get over her insecurities and try with Miles or will she lost him? Will Miles be able to show Moxie that he wants her in his and his son’s life? This is the first book I have read by Z.B. Heller. The story was fantastically written. The characters and the story pull you in. Moxie has great friends. I laughed so much during this book. I wanted to off Moxie’s step mom for her. Miles is a great man and just right for Moxie. He can roll with her sarcasm but knows when she needs more from him. Dillion is a great little boy and how could you not love him. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series. Z.B. Heller has become one of my favorite authors after reading this book. I look forward to reading other books by her in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment