Wednesday, August 31, 2016

My Review of Ryan's Hand by Leila Meacham

Ryan's HandRyan's Hand by Leila Meacham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was completely blown away by this book. It is powerful and moving on so many levels. It is the first book by Leila that I have read and I look forward to reading more by her in the future. Cara Martin came from a prominent New England family and had lots of stubborn pride. She meets Ryan Langston on a particularly bad day and they begin a wonderful friendship shortly after. He is all she has and cherishes their friendship so much. She is devastated when she finds out that he is dying and blown away when she is told what he left her in his will. She can’t believe he left her his share of the family ranch and what’s more that he wants her to go live there for a year. But, it was his dying wish so she will do it. Jeth Langston isn’t like his brother and doesn’t trust Cara at all. After all she convinced his brother to leave her his half of the ranch and didn’t let him come home to die. Cara knows not to expect a warm welcome but she wasn’t prepared for Jeth in any way. Cara finds herself falling for the untamed land and its people including Jeth. She must protect herself and her promise to Ryan. Will Jeth change his opinion about Cara and see her for who she truly is? At times I hated Jeth and felt so much for Cara. Understanding that Jeth couldn’t assume that Cara hadn’t used her feminine wiles to get Ryan to give her the land I still hated the way he treated Cara sometimes. Sometimes he would treat her so kindly but then just as quick she was like something stuck to the bottom of his shoe. Cara found herself loving the ranch and dreading the time she would have to leave. Fear not this book does have a happy ending. I didn’t want to put this book down once I started it. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment