Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Veronica Courtesan Review Tour +Review


Title: Veronica COURTESAN 
Author: Siobhan Daiko 
Genre: Erotic/ Historic



I watch him watching us, imagining how he would take me.

I send him the message with my eyes.
This is who I am. 
I am Veronica Franco. 
I am a COURTESAN.
I court the cultural elite for fame and fortune, giving my body to many. 
And I’m good. So very good. After all, I was taught by my mother, and mother always knows best. 
How else to please the future King of France than with the imaginative use of Murano glass? How else to fulfil the desires of all yet keep my sense of self-worth?
But when disaster strikes and my life begins to unravel, I’ll have to ask myself one question:
Is it too late to give my heart to just one man?
Set in Venice 16th Century.

Advisory: sensuously erotic. 18+




This book is very steamy and I enjoyed reading it.  Veronica was given few choices in life and then married off to a man more than twice her age.  He beat her every day until she finally made a choice for herself.  She decided to become a courtesan like her mother once was.  Her mother helped her and her husband tried to interfere at first but quickly came to see reason.  Veronica’s first client, Jamcomo wanted exclusivity and she granted it to him.  She quickly realized it wasn’t that different from being married.  She wasn’t his courtesan she was his mistress.  Veronica’s mother helped her get a few other clients.  Jacomo wasn’t happy about this and took his leave.  Veronica learns many things by entertaining all these different men.  Veronica finds that she is quite the poet and wishes to visit the literary salon.  However she must find the right man and get him to take her.  Soon enough one of her lovers helps her finds said man and he agrees to help her.  Veronica finds herself with three regular men, who each in their own way love her and she loves them in return.  One of them wishes to have exclusively but she refuses him; refuses to belong to any one man again.  She loves her life the way it is.  She doesn’t wish to lose him but he must find a way to share her.  This book was interesting to read.  It wasn’t just sex there was a great story line.  Veronica is forced to make many decisions that affect not only her but her children and the people who work in her home; while courtesans are excepted and better than prostitutes to most but everyone.  She must be careful of what she does outside of her home and who sees what she does inside her home.  It was a different time and different things were acceptable and the punishments for what was not acceptable were different.  I could only imagine what it was like to be alive during that time.  I look forward to reading the next book in this series.  I also look forward to reading other books by Siobhan.




Siobhan Daiko is an author of romantic historical fiction and a new series of erotic novellas featuring famous courtesans – strong women who held their own in a man’s world. A lover of all things Italian, Siobhan lives in the Veneto region of northern Italy with her husband and two cats. After a life of romance and adventure in Hong Kong, Australia and the UK she now spends her time, when she isn’t writing, enjoying the dolce vita near Venice. 


Hosted By 






No comments:

Post a Comment