Friday, March 4, 2016

My Review of Ugly by Margaret McHeyzer

UglyUgly by Margaret McHeyzer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is fantastic. It is so emotional and terrifying to know that some people actually grow up like this. I spent the first half up the book angry, sad, pissed, and feeling so many other emotions. Then the book took a turn and I could have been happier. This book is emotionally draining and you will want to have some tissues around if you are a crier and maybe even if you aren’t a crier. I felt for the main character Lily. So goes through so much during the book. I couldn’t imagine how Margaret must have felt while writing this book. I was emotionally spent at the end of the book even though it ended on a good note. The main characters Lily has been told basically her whole life that she is ugly, stupid, good for nothing, and other similar things. It has been like this for as long as she can remember and only got worse once her mother died. Lily learned how to blend in and not be noticed by anyone. She went to school every day and got good grades. Then one day she meets a boy named Trent. He seems nice at first and is giving her the attention that she can’t ever remember getting before. But Trent isn’t the nice guy he seems to be. Lily learns to late and because of how she has always been treated begins to think her father was right all along. Well Lily finally realize she is smart, beautiful, and deserves the world or will she continue to believe these horrible people in her life? I could go on and on about this book but I would probably give too much away. I was so mad at Margaret for the first half of this book. How could she write such a beautiful character like Lily but put her through so much HELL? I wanted to jump into the book and beat up Trent so many times for so many different reasons. Lily’s best friend Shayne is crazy and great. Really all the characters where great and had so much personality even if it was one I didn’t like. I was happy that in the end Lily did what she did and found her self-worth. Again I can’t even put into words how much this book moved me and how much it made me feel. Fantastic job Margaret. I have read some of the books Margaret has written and look forward to reading more in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment